Join us for the inaugural
RAIN RFID in Tires masterclass!
This one-day educational and developmental course hosted by the RAIN Alliance will take place twice – on March 21 and March 22 – during Tire Technology Expo 2023 in Hannover, Germany.
Attendees can expect to learn best practices to efficiently embed RFID tags in tires, and understand how this can enable the identification of tires from cradle to grave and build connected services.
The basic practical aspects of RAIN RFID in tires will be introduced by internationally renowned experts. Detailed course notes and speaker information will be provided to all participants.
The course is primarily designed for engineers, technicians and technical leaders responsible for making their companies ready to equip tires with sustainable RFID tags.
COURSE FEE: €500 plus German VAT
content prepared by
The same sessions will take place on each day
Tuesday, March 21 / Wednesday, March 22, 2023
09:00 – 09:15
Welcome and Introduction
President and CEO, RAIN Alliance
09:15 – 10:30
- RAIN RFID technology introduction and positioning versus other technologies
- Overview of tire use cases from cradle to grave
- ISO standards for tires
- Tire data access
10:45 – 12:30
Underlying Physics and Performance Characteristics
- RF physics behind wave propagation in tires/experiments
- Tire read point solutions and performance
12:30 – 13:30 Complimentary lunch
13:30 – 15:00
Integrating Tags into Tires
- Tire tag endurance
- Tire tag integration in tires
15:15 – 17:00
Manufacturing and Encoding
- Tire tag and manufacturing processes
- Rubber encapsulation
- Pick and place
- Encoding (RAIN-GS1 guidelines, RF protocol)
17:00 – 17:45
- Case studies/success stories